Kerala PSC has published a new notification regarding the vacancy of Junior Accountant. Qualified candidates can send applications to the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. If a government job is on your bucket list, this is the right time to apply. If you are new to the PSC site, one-time registration is required to send applications. Registered candidates can directly send applications through their profiles; Aadhar ID proof is mandatory at the time of registration. The submission date is open till 19.01.2022 midnight.
Career opportunities for Kerala PSC’s Junior Accountants
Numerous government firms are awaiting Junior Accountants of Kerala PSC. Government organisations like Kerala Khadi and Village Industries Board, Kerala Shipping Inland and Navigation Corporation Ltd, State farming Corporation Of Kerala Ltd, Kerala Urban and Rural Development Corporation Ltd, Kerala State Handloom Development Corporation Ltd, Kerala Minerals and Metals Limited, Kerala State Film, Development Corporation Ltd, Kerala Agro Machinery Ltd, etc., are hiring Junior Accountants.
After clearing the PSC exam, you will get placed as Junior Accountants, Accountants, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Manager, Accounts Clerk, Assistant Gr.II etc. Concerned organisations or boards will decide your pay scale and can vary from company to company. Passing the PSC exam makes you eligible to get a direct entry to any of these companies and work as a junior accountant. The age limit is from 18 to 36 years, i.e. candidates born between 02.01.1985 and 01.01.2003 (both dates inclusive) can apply for this post. Age relaxation will be there for candidates belonging to OBC, SC/ST and widows. The main highlight of this application is that there is no application fee to write the exam.
Candidates need to undergo two stages of Kerala PSC recruitment to get their name on the rank list. The first is the written exam, and the second is the interview. Candidates have to clear both the stages for the final selection.
How to apply for the post
- New candidates need to go for one-time registration through the official website of Kerala PSC. Registered candidates can directly apply for the post by logging into their profile using their username and password.
- ‘Apply now’ button will be available for each job notification. Click on that button to apply for the post.
- Candidates need to upload their recent photographs to the site. The picture should contain the name of the candidate and the date of the photo taken printed on the bottom. The photos uploaded have a validity of ten years.
- Kindly recheck your application before submitting it because applications, once submitted, cannot be altered or deleted.
- Don’t forget to keep a soft copy or printout of your online application for reference in future.
- You will have to produce original documents proving your age, educational qualifications, experience, community, etc., as and when needed.
Syllabus of Junior Accountant Exam
The Junior Accountant exam is a multiple-choice exam with 100 marks. Of the total 100 marks, you can expect 80 marks from B.Com syllabus, ten from IT and Cyber laws and ten from General Knowledge and Current Affairs. The duration of the exam is 75 minutes.
B.Com syllabus mainly covers topics like Bills of Exchange, Trading and Profit Loss, Self Balancing Ledger and Sectional Balancing, Branch and Departmental Accounts, Capital and Revenue, Receipts and Payments, Income and Expenditure, Cost Accounts, Double Accounts System, Balance Sheet Format and Classification, Rectification of Errors, etc.
Exam Date of Junior Accountant
Kerala PSC is yet to announce the exam date for recruiting Junior accountants. They have only released the recruitment notification till now. If you are worried about your preparations for the exam, you can visit the official website of Finprov Learning.
Finprov Learning is the leading accounts education provider in the country; they will answer all your doubts regarding accountancy. Join Finprov and earn a promising career for yourself.